Recommended reading by Professor of International Economics Krohn, with a summary by Erika Tabacniks and me below. Daniel Chudnovsky and Andres Lopez, ‘Foreign Direct Investment and Development: the Mercosur Experience,’ CEPAL Review #92, August 2007. http://www.eclac.org/publicaciones/xml/0/31920/ChudnovskyLopez.pdf Ruth Rios-Morales y David O’Donovan, Can the Latin American and Caribbean countries emulate the Irish model of FDI attraction? CEPAL Review #88, April 2006. … Continue reading
- A safe-haven for Muslims did not mean a religious state – speech to 18 generals & colonels from around the world on Pakistan
- Leapfrogging into the light
- What’s in a name?
- Pakistani community in Rwanda marks Independence Day
- The Protection of Women against Violence Act falls short of its objective
- My reads in 2015
- Small world occurences – a few of the more unusual instances
- Crowd-sourcing an apology to Bangladesh
- Should Pakistanis apologise to Bangladeshis?
- A cross-border friendship puts women in the driving seat
- PPP success in Rwanda shows potential for greater self-reliance
- The secular backlash against Charlie Hebdo
- My 2014 in books
- Whirling dervishes of Lahore, Shah Jamal’s shrine on a Thursday night
- Let them speak English
- Did you know that North Africans captured 1 million+ white slaves?
- Not too dissimilar
- Colonial porn – Winston Churchill, Nobel literature prize winner
- Modi facts – exposing Modi’s lies
- Recommended reading for aspiring development practitioners
- African (frontier market) risks associated with PPP infrastructure
- Is your local public-private partnership going to be a happy one?